Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
maxisys new look

2352 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2015-01-02 05:47:41

•   Level 5   
    (293) points
    46motors61
    2014-12-31 12:54:19

I have just updated all of my maxisys makes and it now looks completely different not as pretty as before but it still looks better than any other tool I know. just take a look at how two other tools display there makes.

does anybody know what is the best way to make backups for my maxisys? 

file:  autocom.JPG

Tags: maxisys

•   Level 6   
    (712) points
    Screechie

2014-12-31 20:53:25 (Reply to:46motors61)

Plug in mini usb at side of tool and your pc copy and paste all the contents of sd card
    to a folder on your pc , but I notice there is an issue with two or more file cant be
    copied because file names are too long with only two silly options skip or cancel I
    skipped mine don't know what problem will be if IT do a back up without those files will
    wait if and when I get problem to back up and post results

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-01-01 08:37:34 (Reply to:Screechie)

If I insert mini usb connector ate the side of the maxisys and in the PC, it will not recognise the maxisys as a storage medium?

How to get to the maxisys (usb standard connector on top of the maxisys has same issue). I would like to copy the contents to keep them safe since Autel is beginning to do updates that I don't like that much?

•   Level 3   
    (73) points
    MikeP

2015-01-01 11:13:08 (Reply to:Matronix)

The USB on top is for connecting devices to the MaxiSys (the MaxiSys is the host in this case). The mini USB on the side (OTG) is for connecting to the PC where the PC is the host and the MaxiSys is the device. I would suggest stopping the MaxiSys program before trying to copy files as some may be in use. You can do this by going to the home screen and selecting the icon near the bottom of the screen (looks like 2 squares, 3rd one in from the left) and swiping the MaxiSys program to the right. This will close the program or any program you swipe to the right. Then connect to your PC using OTG port. The MaxiSys should then give you the option to turn on USB storage. MaxiSys should then show up as a drive on PC. I have also used this method for other custom changes like adding additional Quick Links to the MaxiSys (such as ALLDATA and Mitchell DIY sites as I do not have subscriptions to the pro sites.

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-01-02 05:47:41 (Reply to:MikeP)

Thnx, will try this; not just for this case (found another solution) but for other things possibly coming in the future.
  Total1 Pages